Luxury eco-friendly gifts for a new home
Finding the perfect housewarming gift for your eco-conscious friends, family members or neighbours can be a challenge. Eco-friendly products often get a bad rep for being more shabby than chic, so how do you find something that is tasteful and sustainable at the same time? We’ve got a few ideas that we think will help so we’re rounding up some of our top picks for sustainable house gifts that your loved ones will truly appreciate.
Nothing says welcome to your new home like some fancy coffee. This gorgeous French press will look great in any kitchen and guarantees un upgrade to your morning brew. Well-designed and manufactured with a glass jug and high-quality microfilter to ensure a smooth plunger movement. For an added treat, pair with some Dark Roast Organic Espresso Coffee from South India.
How to Brew Cafetiere Coffee
- Rinse your cafetière with water from a just-boiled kettle to warm the glass.
- Put 30g ground coffee into the cafetière and pour over 500ml freshly-boiled filtered water. Stir gently to break up the crust and mix coffee and water.
- Leave the cafetière for four minutes to steep.
- Put on the lid and slowly depress the plunger.
- If you wish to increase coffee strength, increase the amount of coffee in increments of 2g. 32g will give you a discernibly stronger cup. Once you have nailed it, make note of it.
A rich, calming and strong fragrance opening with sparkling citrus top notes leading to a heart of lush lavender and resting on a substantive base of tonka bean, vanilla, precious woods and amber.
Top Notes: Citrus
Middle Notes: Lavender
Base Notes: Tonka, Vanilla, Woods, Amber
Made in England, with a natural soy wax, lead-free cotton wick and premium grade fragrance oils. Hand poured into clear glass jars with simple, minimal labels and topped with aluminium lid.
Soomish candles combine modern minimalism with exceptional scents that bring your home to life. Using natural soy wax, these candles are hand-poured in small batches and scented using premium essential oil blends that soothe the senses. Turn your home into the ultimate retreat with toxin-free scents that help you slow down and feel good.
This Marble Two Tone Serving Board is handcrafted by artisans using marble and wood harvested from ancient mango trees. The smooth surface makes it perfect to use for charcuterie and cheese or as a serving platter. A statement piece for the kitchen, ideal for any food lover.
So Just Shop is a sustainable lifestyle brand with a curation of unique, ethically sourced accessories and homeware. Handcrafted by female artisans from some of the most vulnerable communities in the world, they use recycled and reclaimed materials to create stunning statement jewellery and home goods. Discover their range of gorgeous, eco-friendly pieces that tell a story while making a positive impact on the lives of their artisans, their communities, and the environment.
High-fired to 1260oc, this stoneware vase has been specially designed for small flowers such as Lavender, Scabious, Aster or Sweet Peas.
- Handmade from a special combination of UK clays, sourced from Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
- Glazed using a non-toxic recipe of crushed rock and recycled wood ash.
- Fired using 100% renewable electricity
- Certified as vegan by The Vegan Society
- Packaged in biodegradable paper and card packaging
Oxford Clay is a pottery studio based in Oxford which specialises in vegan certified handmade ceramics. They have designed their ceramics to cause minimal impact on humans, animals and the environment. Oxford Clay don’t use animal products or tools to make their products and all their pots are fired in a kiln powered by 100% renewable electricity.
Looking for more sustainable home inspo? Check out our blog post on: Eco Home Essentials You Can’t Live Without. Discover our curated selection of eco-friendly Home & Leisure brands at veo.world/home.