We spent hours leaning on espresso bars in Rome and Milan before scurrying to the roastery to design this deeply-flavoured espresso. It is a classic, lots of caramel and dark chocolate. We added some robusta from the estate to give it the final punch and give it a long, delicious finish. Brew it in a stove-top or espresso machine; it is also very good from filter or cafetière.
Making a cup of coffee can be a pleasure, a ritual to enjoy, a space in a day for yourself, or to share with friends or colleagues. A ritual that is improved with beautiful brewing equipment, delicious coffee beans and a little knowledge. Below are three short films which show you how to get the best from each brewing method.
How to Brew Cafetiere Coffee
- Rinse your cafetière with water from a just-boiled kettle to warm the glass.
- Put 30g ground coffee into the cafetière and pour over 500ml freshly-boiled filtered water. Stir gently to break up the crust and mix coffee and water.
- Leave the cafetière for four minutes to steep.
- Put on the lid and slowly depress the plunger.
- If you wish to increase coffee strength, increase the amount of coffee in increments of 2g. 32g will give you a discernibly stronger cup. Once you have nailed it, make note of it.
Grind: Medium coarse
How to Brew Filter Coffee
- Boil the kettle and let it stand for one minute after boiling.
- Place 30g of filter-ground (medium-coarse) coffee in the filter paper
- Pour 500ml water over the grounds in a steady pour, keeping the grounds covered with water throughout.
- Adjust the grind and coffee weight (eg 32g) to get the cup of coffee that brings the most pleasure.
How to Brew Espresso Coffee
- If using an espresso machine, place 18g coffee ground for espresso (superfine) in the portafilter, which should be warm.
- Tamp the coffee into a compressed disc with an even, flat surface and no divots or craters.
- Run the machine pump for 28 – 32 seconds, to produce a 37g shot of espresso.
- Adjust the grind and pump time to achieve a perfect velvet, golden crema and long dark chocolate finish.
Grind: Very fine
Free UK Shipping on all orders over £40 - 3-5 Working Days
UK Orders under £40 - 3-5 Working Days £3
Please contact us if you would like to discuss a return at [email protected]
For information on how to return (or exchange) an item, please visit our Returns page here