500g Loose Soapnut Shells (5 x 100g bags for easy storage)
3 Muslin Bag included
Comes Packaged in beautiful eco friendly Jute Bags
Laundry detergent that literally grows on trees! The shells of the soapnuts or 'Ritha' as they are called in India, have been used for centuries. Washing your clothes can't get any greener than this!
- Works well with delicate fabrics like silks.
- Great for allergy sufferers.
- Works best with water temperatures 40-90 degrees C.
- Environment friendly and gentle on the skin.
- Does not release any harmful chemicals.
- 30 Loads/ washes.
How it works-
- The shells naturally contain saponin (a surfactant) which when comes in contact with water acts as a soap and creates suds.
- Once the soapberries are cultivated, they are dried and get their reddish brown colour. The black kernel is then removed as it does not contain any saponin. They are packed in cotton bags ready to be sent to you!
- To learn more about soapnuts read our Blog
How to use-
- Put 4-5 soapnuts in a muslin bag and tie securely.
- Place this bag in the middle of your laundry in the washing machine and run cycle as usual. The nuts can be used unto 2-3 times depending on water hardness and load size.
- If load is very big or water is too hard, add 2-3 more soapnuts to the bag.
- Once used they can be disposed off in the compost or with food waste.
- The muslin bag can be dried and reused.
£3.45 (1-2 Working Days)
£7.95 (On orders placed before 12 noon)
£10.95 (1-2 Working Days)
REST OF WORLD
£14.45 (2-3 Working Days)
If you wish to return an item please get in touch.
For information on how to return (or exchange) an item, please visit our Returns page here